Maximilian started his career at a large local German bank. While working as client adviser, he completed a bachelor's degree in banking. Afterwards he worked for three years for one of the Big 4 audit firms.
Since the beginning of 2020 he has been part of the team at BRAUS BERATUNG+REVISION GmbH WPG. His current work includes internal audit projects, reviews of internal control systems (IDW PS 951), forensic audits and exercising the compliance function for a medium-sized financial services institution.
Selection of projects
- Audit of financial statements for banks
- Audit in accordance with IDW PS 951 n.F. for a multi-client service provider
- Rendering the compliance function for a medium-sized financial services institution
- Monitoring of compliance with contractual obligations by parties to financial transactions
- Assistance with monitoring credit portfolios in the context of risk shields/guarantees
- Verification of data integrity in the context of portfolio sales
- Conduct of file due diligence for credit portfolios
- Forensic audit: investigation of client transactions with a potential tax risk at a large depositary bank